Monday, May 4, 2009

The Last Post









This will be the last post for a blog of a very enjoyable two weeks fishing and photography trip. The fishing was great, maybe not the biggest of fish were caught but the variety was enormous, which for me, was more important. Tim and I had a great time taking the photos, some of which are included on this blog. In all we took over 1300 photos. Tim was using a Canon EOS 400D with a 200mm Tamron zoom Lens, I was using a Canon EOS 400D with a 300mm zoom lens. Most of the fish photos were taken with a Pentax Optio W60, a fantastic little camera.
Spending two weeks with anyone can be a challenge but I enjoyed Tims company enormously. I think there may have been times when I got on his nerves. He being a very accomplished fisherman and me being a bit of an amateur. At one time I remarked that fishing with me was like taking his kid fishing. Tims reply was that his kid was actually quite good. Ouch..
Our journey back to Miami was quite interesting. We made a stop along Alligator Alley as we were ahead of schedule. We got to see some real live wild Gators. Tim had an urge to do his Crocodile Dundee impression. He managed to lean out and touch one of the brutes after a mental take two.
The journey back with American Airlines was a real eye opener to see how the other half live. Me with my upgrade to first class, Tim in the cheap seats flying economy. He took it very well and wasn't the slightest bit jealous.
All in all a fanastic trip, probably never to be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment